1 lb beets, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
1/2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 pinch each, salt & pepper
1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In an 8" square glass baking dish, toss all ingredients together.
- Rub a piece of parchment paper with olive oil and set oiled side down on the beets
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and roast for 40 minutes, shaking pan occasionally.
Pickled Beets (recipe above)
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup tarragon wine vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons Kosher salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup water
- Arrange beets in desired jars--small mason jars work well--alternating layers with the onion.
- In a small pot boil the rest of the ingredients and pour over the beets. Tightly lid the jars and place in the refrigerator for 3 to 7 days before serving.