Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Hunger Challenge Day 2

Sunday evening, I divided the 1-lb ground turkey into thirds.  I stir-fried 2/3rds and with the remaining 1/3, added the ends of my bread loaf as filler and cooked three turkey-burger patties.

Monday morning, I brewed a pot of coffee, filling a thermos to bring with me to work, rather than going to the Member’s Lounge where coffee is always available (Members do pay a monthly fee for this privilege).  For today’s lunch, I brought a half-banana and a yogurt; for dinner before attending a speaking engagement on single-payer universal healthcare in Woodland, I will have a turkey-burger on wheat bread with lettuce and tomato.

With last Thursday’s release of the new USDA “ChooseMyPlate.gov”, I have tried to balance the food I have available with my day’s activities (Capitol visit  with local elementary school children, Floor Session, and an evening speaking engagement).  However, I do not think I reached 50% fresh fruits and vegetables today.

We have Assembly floor session today (Monday).  I will be seeing my Hunger Challenge-mate, Assemblymember Jim Beall, Jr., on the Floor in a few minutes, and will see how he is faring on Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let us know what you think!