Cleo, Food Bank volunteer
- A couple handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 1/2 roasted golden beets, chopped (click here for recipe)
- 1 orange, segmented
- 5 strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 10 raspberries, halved
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- Shavings of your favorite cheese
- Honey vinaigrette (see recipe below)
Place baby spinach on a dinner plate.
Top with roasted beets and orange segments.
Arrange strawberry slices on top of oranges and beets.
Sprinkle on raspberry halves.
Toss toasted almonds over the salad.
Decorate with cheese shavings.
Drizzle with dressing.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 champagne or rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
Pour vinegar and honey into a food processor bowl. Start the food processor and slowly add oil while processor is running.
The dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.