Cleo, Food Bank volunteer
- One bunch of lacinato kale, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 TB sesame seeds
- red chili pepper flakes, optional
- Wash and de-stem the kale and cut into bite size pieces, leaving some water on the leaves..
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the minced garlic to the oil, stirring frequently to ensure it doesn't burn..
- Once it is softened, remove the garlic from the skillet, but leave the remaining liquid.
- Increase the heat to medium and add the kale to the pan. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes until the kale is wilted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the soy sauce.
- Place the kale in a serving bowl and sprinkle with the garlic, sesame seeds and red chili flakes,(optional).