Cleo, Food Bank volunteer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + more for serving
- -- Kernels from 2 ears of corn (about 2 cups)
- 2 Japanese or other small, slender eggplants, diced into 1/2-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium sized tomatoes, diced (about 2 cups)
- 1-2 bunches hearty greens (kale, collards, mustard, etc), large ribs removed, roughly chopped (about 4 cups)
- -- Sea salt or kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 6 bell peppers, any color, halved, ribs and seeds removed
- 6 ounces feta cheese
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and eggplant and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Add the greens and cook until wilted, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper, and spoon into the pepper halves. Crumble feta over each stuffed pepper. Carefully place the peppers on the grill, cover grill for about 8-10 minutes, rotating occasionally to evenly char the outside of each pepper.
Remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and serve.
Per Serving: 102 calorie