Cleo, Food Bank volunteer
- 6 (1/4-inch-thick) slices peeled butternut squash (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina or Gouda cheese
- Pizza dough
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can finely chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Place squash mixture on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°.
- Sprinkle fontina over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border; top with squash mixture, tomatoes, and oregano. Drop pesto by level teaspoons onto mixture; sprinkle with Romano. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Totals include Pizza Dough