The recommended time range for grilling 1" slices is 5 minutes per side. If overcooked they become tasteless and if under cooked, spongy.
Cleo, Food Bank volunteer
- 1 eggplant, sliced 1″ thick
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, slivered
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Brush olive oil on both sides of eggplant.
- Stuff a couple of slivers of garlic into the eggplant.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill (covered) until cooked through and grill marks are left on each side of the eggplant